There are five application types: student, new, reinstatement, dual, and transfer. Each application, with the exception of student has an application fee, which is non-refundable. The application fee is separate from the annual registration fee.

  • Student

    The benefits of being a student member of AIA are described here . Full-time students are enrolled in an agrology or environmental related degree, applied degree, or diploma program at a post-secondary education institute in Alberta. Click below to register with AIA:

    Student Applicant

  • New

    Applicants who meet the educational requirements for either the Agrologist In-Training or Agrology Technologist In-Training and are practicing, or wish to practice agrology in Alberta are required to be registered with AIA. Clck below. Note: If you are registered as a Professional or In-Training (Articling) Agrologist with another institute, please apply as a dual applicant. If you have a post secondary diploma or degree from outside of Canada, please click here .
    Please be advised you will be required to submit transcripts of post-secondary education.

    PAg ELIGIBILITY – UNIVERSITY OF LETHBRIDGE: Students entering the University of Lethbridge’s 2+2 program seeking a baccalaureate degree MAY NOT meet eligibility for the Agrologist In-Training registration leading towards the Professional Agrologist designation. Some degree programs at the UofL do not have enough senior agrology course content. However, they may meet the Agrologists Technologist In-Training registration leading towards the Registered Technologist in Agrology eligibility. Please check the “approved course list” on our AIA website to see which courses are acceptable as agrology courses. The courses are found here . If you are uncertain about any programs and your eligibility for registration with AIA, please contact the office for more information. 

    New Applicant

  • Reinstatement

    Previous members can apply for reinstatement of their professional designation. Please click here  to determine which category NEW or REINSTATEMENT you fit and apply accordingly.

    New Applicant                         Reinstatement Applicant

  • Dual

    Professional or In-Training (Articling) Agrologists who are registered with another agrology institute in Canada, and are practicing agrology, or intend on practicing agrology, in Alberta, can apply for dual registration with AIA. Click below. 

    Dual Applicant

  • Transfer

    Professional or In-Training (Articling) Agrologists who are registered with another agrology institute in Canada, and have left their province to practice agrology in Alberta, can apply to have their registration with their home institute transferred to AIA. Click below. 

    Transfer Applicant